Thursday, May 1, 2014

One-Layer Simplicity Challenge #5: Fabulous Flowers

Welcome to this month's One-Layer Simplicity Challenge!  With spring finally in the air, our challenge for May is all about flowers.

Remember the challenge will run through the 24th of the month, giving you lots of time to
play along.

 Fabulous Flowers

Make a one-layer card using floral images.  I know we all have lots of beautiful floral stamps, so dig them out and show us your flowers.

If you would like to display our blog badge on your blog, please visit the tab at the top of this page.

OLS Challenge Rules

l.  A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of cardstock folded in half.  No other layers of paper are allowed.

2.  Make a card using a floral theme.  Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum. 
3.  Post your card somewhere on the internet and link it to us using the Inlinkz button below.  If you link to your blog, please link to that specific post and not your blog's home page so we can find it easily.

4.  The most important rule of all is to have fun!


8 comments:

  1. Yay, Cheryl! Welcome back! I can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! This flower challenge is sure to be popular, Cheryl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your challenge! Thanks, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep subscribing to this blog, and it keeps telling me that I'm already subscribed, but I never get it in my email. Do you have any suggestions?
    Susan, I quit getting your emails & miss them horribly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a horrible, horrible new incompatibility with Feedburner email subscriptions and some email services, including most (though apparently not all) yahoo and gmail accounts. It started around Easter when a new anti-spam protocol was added to your email provider. Feedburner has been bought by google and isn't doing diddly-crap about it, probably because they want to push Google+, which frankly is hard to navigate and (for me at least) thoroughly confusing, but that could just be me.

      Whether the email services will do anything about it remains to be seen as it's not just effecting blog subscriptions but all sorts of business emails/services world-wide. They may be motivated to fix the problem. Or not. We shall see.

      In the meantime, I am working on something that might make it easier for you all at least to go to one place to get all my blogs, the OLS blog, and the OLS team blogs. I'll announce it as soon as it's ready to go...assuming it works. :)

      THERE IS NOTHING WE BLOGGERS CAN DO THAT DOESN'T COST US MONEY. For me, at my current subscriber count, it would cost $30 a month to switch to another email subscription service. If my numbers grow much more, it would be $50 a month. I simply cannot do that.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely challenge for spring! Thank you! The gallery is already very beautiful!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing the gorgeous DT inspirations and for a great challenge, I think this is my first entry! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous inspiration cards again, love the theme too Thank you all :D x

    ReplyDelete